Sunday, April 08, 2007

Beyond Externals...

Hey all

I have always been fascinated by what a portrait can capture of someone beyond the externals. A few years back I saw a series of portraits in B&W that I found incredibly inspiring and decided recently that I would love to be able to capture some of that in my own photography.

In a moment of complete self indulgence (basically it is the only subject matter that I happen to have on hand at the moment!), I have started with 'Self portrait - age 42'. This may end up a series of portraits of friends, family and others over time or maybe just a few sporadic photos...who knows?...

If you are willing to sit for a portrait let me know...and yes you will get veto on whether it is used for the blog or not!

Love

G

Self Portrait - Age 42

2 comments:

Superchilled said...

I'll happily be a model for your portfolio. In this photo of you I see a man who rides a Harley, likes his women sturdy, and really doesn't like the atention of the press - like this photo for example - but tolerates it with a little curiousity. A picture paints a thousand words... but they're not always the right ones.

GeoffnTerry said...

Hell if only I could be half that butch a quarter of the time ;)

G