Monday, August 13, 2007

WOW....that went fast!!!


I can't believe I'm sitting in my hotel in Bangkok right now...How did the time go so quickly?

With that being said, I had a great time in Vancouver reconnecting with Geoff, taking a holiday up the Sunshine Coast, seeing friends, going to a wedding, celebrating the start of another decade, wandering around during Pride, and so on.

Bangkok is my middle point to help me get back into time zone, back into the heat/humidity, and to think about my time in Canada, and my 3-4 months ahead in Colombo. The biggest question I was asked when I was at home was, "are you enjoying it in Sri Lanka?" My answer to that was a resounding "yes". Even with the conflict, human rights issues, heat and accompanying sweat, poverty, etc, I feel lucky to have this opportunity, to have a partner who supports my work, and to have new perspectives and thoughts thrown at me to challenge me for both my professional and personal growth.

Thanks everyone for making my time in Vancouver so memorable. I look forward to seeing you all again in a few months. T


Camping it up at Mermaid Cove


A view of Mermaid Cove

Vancouver Pride

Bangkok Street Scene

No comments: