Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Terry's 40th...

Hi All

To get the birthday weekend started we had a couple of friends [or friends who are a couple] over for drinks. Then a few more friends over on Saturday night for drinks, the fireworks from the balcony then off to The Pumpjack our local bar to take in the sights and sounds of a whole lot of sexy men in leather...[ok so maybe that was a little present for me in there as well ;) ].

Home at some God forsaken hour but up early on the day itself for an ocean dip before heading off to another friends wedding: One of the grooms being Sikh, east indian Canadian born and his husband USA born Radical Faerie, the wedding being conducted in the Dr Sun Yat Sen garden by a Chinese/Canadian marriage celebrant...complete with dove release. Home from there and then off to the Gay Pride post parade festival at the beach where it was my job to announce to anyone that we met that it was Terry's birthday...with lots of ensuing hugs/kisses and then some. Dinner with friends old and some new, then an evening wandering about Davie Street people watching.



At the wedding



Terry and Mohammad


Terry and Claudio


The One that Got Away


Monday was a public holiday so we had time to just hang out and have a lazy day, time at the beach swimming and snoozing in the sun.

All in all a well celebrated birthday.... year older but I think he is actually getting better looking as he goes.

Love to all

Geoff

1 comment:

Christiaan Kidd said...

Hey Geoff,

Thank you so much for your comments today re: my sexy daddy. I have been thinkign about him all day today for some reason and when I get home there is this wonderful email from you that has taken me on a totally different journey to where I was going.

A heart felt thank you to begin with for your honesty. Seriously wonderful and bravely out there. Society does not move forward without people pushing the boundaries.. making people think and challenging them to step outside their square.

I am going to ponder and think further on what you have written. It has given a whole new slant on a possible relationship with this man and his family.

I don't want to let him go, such was the strength of the connection between us. Life is complicated enough already, on so many levels that my default position was simply to step back and let peace reign.

Now I am thinking otherwise.

I'll be in touch again when I have processed further and will let you know on my plan of action.

Peace and love,

Christiaan x