Monday, December 24, 2007

My Second Christmas in the Tropics

It's my second Christmas in Sri Lanka and I can honestly say that it feels Christmassy to me this year. There are a lot of lights around Colombo, and the shoppers are out in full force. Some of the stores are even doing "midnight madness" sales. It's hard to believe that buddhism is the predominant religion, but I guess buying transcends all boundaries.
I'm using this holiday season as an opportunity to reflect on the past year, think about where I'm at with it now, and look at what I hope to do in 2008. I can't believe I'm leaving Sri Lanka in 10 days; on one hand it seems like I just arrived and on the other it feels like I've been here for years. I have mixed feelings, but the bottomline is that I'm excited to get back to Geoff.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Love T

Santa Claus (Sri Lankan style)

Christmas lights on the beach

No comments: