Sunday, May 27, 2007

Proud of Colombo Pride

The past week was spent attending Colombo Pride events. It is not a small feat organizing Pride when you consider that homosexuality is illegal in this country. I am extremely "proud" of Equal Ground, the organization that showed the courage to see it through, and to my own "team Vancouver", who helped us raise almost $1000 toward Pride and other events which will help create awareness in the community and educate people on equality, respect, and diversity.

I've attached a video (see above) that became a bit of an anthem for me during Pride and some photos of the events during the week. I'm also happy to say that I began volunteering at Equal Ground about a month ago, as I am very impressed with their passion and commitment to human rights issues. T







1 comment:

GeoffnTerry said...

Hey my guy

Thanks for the pics and the 'Proud' anthem from Heather Small...just sat here and had myself a little cry.

G